Last Updated: June 4th, 2018
Please read this Policy carefully, because by using the Site, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy, and consent to the manner in which we may collect, use and disclose the foregoing information. If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, please do not use the Site.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was updated. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
This Policy applies solely to information collected by the Site. It will notify you of the following:
What Information Do We Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us – We only have access to and collect personal information (such as your name, date of birth, social security number, credit card number, mailing or billing address, telephone number, or email address, and email preferences (collectively, “Personal Information”) that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We are the sole owners of the Personal Information collected on this Site.
- Information Collected by Automated Means – Whenever you use the Site, we, as well as any of our third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, how many users visited the Site, and the website you visited immediately before the Site. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. Usage Information helps us to keep the Site fresh and interesting to our visitors and to tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if we associate it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- Device Identifiers – In the course of collecting Usage Information we may also collect your IP address, MAC Address or other unique identifier (each a “Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, Wi-Fi card, or other technology (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device when you access a web site or its servers. Our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. When you visit the Sites, we may view your Device Identifier. We use this information to identify repeat visitors to our Site. We also may use this information to send you targeted advertisements and to enhance the Site. We may associate your Device Identifier with your Personal Information.
The technologies used on the Site, including Device Identifiers, to collect Usage Information may include, without limitation:
- Web Beacons – We may also include web beacons (also known as web bugs, Internet tags, pixel tags, tracking pixels and clear GIFs) with the content and ads that we deliver to you, which we will use to collect information regarding your interaction with our content and ads. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed or that an email has been forwarded. In addition, a web beacon allows third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. A web beacon may also tell your browser to get content from another server.
Cookies and web beacons (together, “Site Cookies”) may enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Site, track user actions/behavior on our Site and track the effectiveness of ads.
Please note that ReachLocal retains the ability to access all information that is retained in the ReachLocal Platform for purposes of quality assurance and campaign assessment.
If you have any questions regarding ReachLocal and/or the Advertising Cookies, you are encouraged to contact ReachLocal at [email protected].
We use two products to analyze activity on our site. We use ReachLocal’s tracking technology and/or Google Analytics to understand how users use our site so as to enhance the user experience on our Site. If you wish to opt-out of ReachLocal’s tracking technologies, go to http://www.reachlocal.com/trackingopt-out, and if you wish to opt-out of Google Analytics, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will also use your information as follows:
- Registration – A user may need to first complete a registration form in order to use the Site. During registration, a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our Site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
- Orders – We may request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this contact information to contact you.
- Surveys and contests – From time-to-time, our Site may request information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Site.
- Customer Service – Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about specials, new products or services, or changes to this Policy.
- Chat – Our Site may use chat functionality to enable direct communication with you through our Site. We will primarily use such information to assess your needs and to gain your contact information so that we may contact you to further discuss our products and/or services.
Do We Share Your Information?
We will not trade, rent, share or sell your Personal Information to third parties unless you ask or authorize us to do so.
Unless you ask or provide your consent to do so, we will not share your Personal Information with any third party outside of our organization, other than with our service providers, including as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to Personal Information. The computers/servers in which we store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any Personal Information that can identify any individual person.
We will disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosures (a) are required by law, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena, or (b) will help to: enforce our policies; enforce contest, sweepstakes, promotions, and/or game rules; protect your safety or security, including the safety and security of property that belongs to you; and/or, protect the safety and security of our Site or third parties. In addition, if CAC Systems, LLC or all of its assets are acquired, all of the data collected by us through the Site and through other means and services provided by us would be among the transferred assets.
Your Privacy Rights — Access to and Control Over Information
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you receive promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further promotional communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the promotional email you receive or by contacting us directly at the email address or phone number given on our Site. We do not charge for this service, and your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our Site:
- See what data we have about you; if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Notify us if you do not want us to share your Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes.
How to Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising
You can set most web browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies, though either of those actions may affect the use of our Site. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information. To do so please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Opt-Out Page: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (via opting out), you will still see advertisements while you are browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The DAA Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies’ pages where you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements from companies.
While the Site does not currently respond to ‘Do Not Track’ signals submitted by your browser, you can opt out of any of the Advertising Cookies at any time by simply visiting http://www.reachlocal.com/opt-out to adjust your preferences on placement of Advertising Cookies currently used in connection with ReachLocal’s remarketing product. You can also find out more about your ‘Do Not Track’ options by visiting http://www.allaboutDNT.com.
Does This Policy Apply to Other Websites Linked To Or From the Site?
Do We Collect Information From Children Under the Age of 13?
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and CAC Systems, LLC does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from such children. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such Personal Information from our database.
What Steps Do We Take To Protect Your Information?
We take measures designed to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information we process and maintain. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other types of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of Personal Information maintained in your account, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused.
This Policy and the privacy practices of CAC Systems, LLC will be subject exclusively to the laws of the State of Colorado in the United States. CAC Systems, LLC makes no representation that this Policy and our practices comply with the laws of any other country or jurisdiction. Users of the Site who reside outside the United States do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If you reside outside of the United States, by using the Site, you consent to the transfer, processing, and use of your information outside of your country.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at 3600 South Huron Street, Englewood, CO 80110, or call us at 720-603-1640.
We value your privacy, and we make this Policy easily accessible throughout this website to assist you in understanding how we handle your personal information. We want to make your online experience enjoyable and safe. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we want you to understand fully our policies surrounding the attainment and use of that information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT DIRECTLY FROM YOU
You are not required to provide personal information that we request. If you choose not to provide the information we have requested, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services.
When you make a purchase from this website, create an account on this website, request to receive our electronic newsletters, participate in our message boards or forums, write a review or provide feedback, submit a warranty claim, call our call center, fill out a form to be contacted, or participate in polls, or surveys, we may collect information from you, including your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, payment information (debit and credit card information), login credentials (user name and password), social security number (US citizens and residents only), and
social media user names.
If you apply or request to be one of our vendors or service providers, we may collect additional information about you including the company you represent and your job title.
If you apply or request to be one of our affiliates, brand ambassadors, influencers, or a business sales partner, we may collect your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, photographs, social media handles, signature, social security number (US citizens and residents only), and financial account data, and general notes of the business conversations we have with you.
While you visit or use our websites and services, certain information, including personal information, is automatically collected about your use of the website and services. Please refer to the log files, cookies, and other tracking technologies section in this policy below.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect or obtain information about you that you chose to make public, including via social media networks, and other public communities, chats or forums.
We may collect or obtain information about you from marketing partners, data brokers, advertising networks, and third-party providers of business contact information for advertising and analytics purposes, so that we may offer you personalized features and offers tailored to your interests, and in order to offer you an overall better service.
We will use this information where you have provided your consent to the third party or to MicrobeProof, or where MicrobeProof has a legitimate interest in using your information in order to provide you with the content or service requested.
We will combine this information with personal information provided by you, in order to identify prospective customers or products you’ll be interested in, to create more tailored advertising, and to improve the accuracy of our records.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information we collect allows us to fulfill your order or warranty claim, and provide the services you request from us. We may supplement this with information from a third-party source, such as FedEx, in order to validate delivery address so we can properly ship your order. We might use the provided information for direct marketing purposes, such as to inform and communicate with you about relevant products and services. We provide website users the opportunity to receive communications from us including any information that we believe may be pertinent to you. You may opt out of receiving any, non-service related communications by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email we send to you.
We might use the provided information for advertising purposes, in order to provide personalized experiences and products that we think you will be interested in based on your browsing history of this website (as further described in this Policy) and your purchase history.
We also may display on this website personal testimonials of satisfied customers and other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using our contact information below.
If you contact our customer service center, we will use the information you provide us for assisting you with your requests, for quality assurance purposes and to enhance our products and services.
If you apply or request to be one of our vendors or service providers, affiliates, brand ambassadors, influencers, or business sales partner, we will use your personal information to evaluate and establish the terms of our relationship, communicate with you, administer your account, render payment and receive payments, to fulfill your orders, provide services to you, to provide customer service support or to respond to your inquiries; and to maintain our relationship with you. MicrobeProof uses information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience on this website, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the websites, or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information also to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or warranty claim, offering customer service, sending our communications, administering testimonials and administering our vendor and service provider programs. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us pursuant to written instructions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use PI they receive from us for any other purpose. Except as otherwise provided herein, we will not share your personal information with any other third-party organizations not acting as our service providers except with your express consent.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required to by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal processes, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or response to a government request.
If MicrobeProof is involved in a merger, acquisition, dissolution, sale of all or a portion of its assets, or other fundamental corporate transaction, we reserve the right to sell or transfer your information as part of the transaction. In such an event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Log Files, Cookies, and Other Tracking Technologies
This website utilizes industry standard analytics packages that automatically gathers limited information on websiteusers, and stores this information in server log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, referring pages, operating system used, and date/time stamps. This information is used only for website administration, as well as for analysis of website usage and trends.
MicrobeProof collects user traffic usage characteristics throughout its website. However, we do not correlate this data with individual user information. MicrobeProof may analyze usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type by reading this information from data contained in the user’s browser.
MicrobeProof may collect and catalog search terms in its search function that users employ, but such collection and cataloging are not associated with individual users. We may use search terms to determine the areas of this website most important to users, based on the characteristics of usage or traffic of those areas. We will not use these search terms to track what any particular individual users read, but rather the performance of each page. This may help us to build a better web-based experience for you.
MicrobeProof and its affiliates and service providers (e.g., marketing providers, analytics providers, and/or payment processors) utilize technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts. MicrobeProof uses these technologies in analyzing trends, administering this website, tracking users’ movements around this website, and gathering demographic information about our website users. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these third parties on an individual as well as an aggregated basis.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES AROUND YOUR DATA
You may request to update, correct, access, or delete your personal information, or to know whether we hold any of your personal information. You may request restrictions, temporarily or permanently, on our processing of some or all personal information about you. To request a copy of the personal data, we have collected about you, or to request that your information be deleted, or to submit any other privacy request, please contact [email protected]
You also may make your request by telephone or by postal mail at the address/phone number indicated in the contact information below.
We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have implemented commercially reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to appropriately protect your personal information against accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful access, use, loss, destruction or damage. However, please be aware that no method of electronic transmission or storage can ever be fully secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Nevertheless, the security of your personal information is extremely important to us. For instance, we employ various firewalls and other security tactics to keep your information secure. We do not store your complete credit card information on our internal web server. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security (TLS) technology. While there is risk inherent in every Internet transaction, be assured that we are at work hard to ensure that risk is minimal. If you have questions about the security of your personal information, or if you have reason to believe that the personal information that we hold about you is no longer secure, please contact us immediately as described in this Policy.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. For additional information on California Consumer Privacy Act, please click on this link: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this privacy notice and its last updated date to reflect changes to our data governance practices. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a notice on this website or by an email to your email address on file prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review periodically this page for the latest information on our privacy practices
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, or you wish to contact us by postal mail, our contact information is as follows: